Thursday, June 19, 2008

From Mexico to Seattle

Adela from Cuernavaca, Mexico (near Mexico City) writes:
I had the amazing fortune to be able to travel to Seattle, along with my 11-year-old son Santiago, to receive Karmapa’s teachings, a blessing beyond words. It was as if the connection to my guru, the Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche, had burst open and through him the connection to the 17th Karmapa was born. Being at the Paramount Theater with over 2,000 people, before the youth, wisdom and brilliance of His Holiness’s presence moved me to tears, while my son took notes of Karmapa’s words on his “Aspiration for the World."

Back in our house and our daily routine, we sing the song together as if has been part of us forever. Something deep inside has changed within us. I had read and seen pictures and videos of His Holiness the 16th Karmapa and joined my teacher in his aspiration for this trip to happen, so the connection had begun who knows when. Yet actually being with him had a dream-come-true-quality. It was like finally meeting that relative for whom you had longed so much, without even being aware of it. May the music in the sky of Karmapa’s teachings resound forever and may our actions manifest his enlightened activity!

No comments: